Arrival and food!!!!

Our drive started in Georgia Friday morning at about 9:30. We headed for Sulphur La. and arrived there, spent the night, got up early the next morning, headed for Houston, picked up June and made it to Laredo by 8:00 Saturday night. Two days worth of driving wrapped up in two sentences. How about that.
We headed to Mexico Sunday morning. The directions we had weren't quite what we needed when we go to Monterrey. But, by the grace of God, Kay's memory and some photo's we had of Pan de Vida, we managed to make it to the church before the service was over.

Here we are arriving at Pan de Vida.

Pictured below is some of the housing surrounding Pan de Vida. The culture there is very different from America. Their lifestyles are more relaxed, they don't seem to be in a hurry. A very drastic change from life here. The housing may be small and look not very appealing, but the people there are full of love and are very nice and friendly.




After church, we headed for some much needed lunch. I forget the name of the place but we ate kilos. I know that's not really spelled right, and there's more to the food, but trust me it was awesome and a lot of it. We had beans, tortillas, cheese dip kind of stuff, meet, pica sauce, green sauce and Joya!!




We are always smiling while we are eating. Yummy food!!!


Before we had gone to eat, Pastor Gonzalo had shown us the upstairs and what we would be working on.
Come back and see our works days, sweat photos and much more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Girl,
Would you get your butt out of bed and do your post on FAITH so I can congratulate the "Mother of the Bride!". I think you should let Bobby do a post as a guest, he has a lot to offer to the men of this world !!!!! Between you and your daughter I was a blubbering fool all night (although you didnt call me until after 10:30). I was SO tired before your call - I dont even think I told you, we were in Akron watching Tiger Woods kick butt at golf ! Anyhow, a long couple of days and thats fine, but you gave me the energy I needed !!! Congrats to all of you !!!!
LOVE YOU MOST ! MOSTEST ! MORE !

New Book Now Available-Their Surprise Second Chance!

 Look!  Their Surprise Second Chance  is available for pre-order! This is my first novel with Love Inspired and I'm so excited! After he...