Confession Time

Okay. I didn't exercise Saturday. I woke up at 6:30 am with a headache. I mean the headache woke me up. I was kind of out of it all day. Ended up sleeping on the couch by 3:00. Maybe the thought of exercising gave me the headache. Not sure. But Sunday morning was busy with feeding the birds then getting to church by ten.
Monday morning I had to work.
So hence my dilema for the new year. I want to do three things before I go to work each day.
Devotion time in the a.m.
Exercise in the a.m.
Write in the a.m.
I found I write much faster and cleaner and can think way better in the morning. I could do the devotional at night, but what better way to start the day than with a word from God? And my dh and I have tried walking at night, but when I do physical activity at night like walking and exercising it seems to give me energy which would be great for the morning, but keeps me awake at night, hence I would sleep late the next day and that would result in not doing any of the things I want to do in the morning.
So I'm praying for wisdom in trying to get a morning routine established. I am fortunate that I don't have to be at work at some unseemingly hour like seven, but I really do need to leave my house between 8 and 8:30. That's what I should be doing.
I am going to try the exercising this morning. I will let you know how that goes.
I have read my devotional for today.
And I can write some this morning.
But hey, I don't have to go to work today, so this is an easy day.
I really think if I can get a routine in place, with God, exercise and writing I will have a much better handle on life.
What about you? Do you have routines in place that you know help to keep you in tune, organized? If so, I'd love to hear about them.

5 comments:

Jennifer Taylor said...

Lindi,

It sounds like you are working on a similar schedule to mine. Something about going to Dallas got me off my schedule. So like you, my goals for the new year to to do my morning devotionals, exercise for 30 minutes, and squeeze in some writing time before I head to work. Celina has to be at school between 8-8:30. I leave around 8-8:15 and I don't return home until sometime between 6-7pm. Then it's a quick supper, and homework with my daughter. Not much time for writing or either I'm too tired by then.

Lindi said...

Jenn,

Good luck on your goals. Maybe we should keep in touch and keep each other motivational. We could have a contest to see who gets up earliest!! (You would win, no doubt)

Jane said...

I need to exercise too but....YUCK!!!
I may join Curves since I am limited right now on what I am able to do.
To answer your question about my "book", I would love to write a cozy murder mystery. Not TOO heavy and with a little humor thrown in. I have an idea but I don't know.....

Missy Tippens said...

You should go for it, Jane!! You'd be great at writing a cozy mystery.

Lindi, I'm sorry about your headache. But don't give up. Go ahead and try to get all 3 things in the morning. Remember to ask God to wake you up like He used to do!

Jenn, you sure have a long day. I'm amazed at you and Lindi who work fulltime and still find time to write.

Happy new year!
Missy

Jane said...

Thanks for the encouragement Missy, who knows....I may be published one day too!!!
Belinda, we only live about 10 miles from each other....that is SO cool!

New Book Now Available-Their Surprise Second Chance!

 Look!  Their Surprise Second Chance  is available for pre-order! This is my first novel with Love Inspired and I'm so excited! After he...