The Connection

Well, the Idol 12 are in. The only real surprise for me last night was Aysha--(I know I didn't spell her name right.)

I think it's a good top twelve. I still think there will be more boys than girls around in a few weeks.

This Idol contest makes me think of us writers who are trying to get published amidst a sea of thousands of people trying to be published. There are a lot of good writers. There are probably a lot of great writers. Just like the contestants on Idol....they are all great. But what makes them stand out? What makes them connect with the crowd? What makes them able to have people clapping at the end of the performance?

It's what they bring to each song. As writers we have our own personality and experiences we can bring to each book. No other author has our exact emotions to each situation. We have to bring ourselves to our work and dig deep to grab that connection with editors and agents to make them believe in what we are doing.

Which Idol's do you think connect with the audience most?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well heck.......If we would have had any power to watch either one, I would respond ! So, I suppose, I remain silent.........

Lindi said...

Omigosh---you still don't have power? What is going on up there. I'll call you today...can you take phone calls?

Jill's Jibberish said...

If it will help any we're having a blizzard right now. Still have our power though.

Anonymous said...

Hey All !!! The sun is shining !! We have our power, (ours was only out for a less that day compared to those who have been 4 or more days now..........but we certainly got hammered ! And Auntie, you say a blizzard ?? What, 2 " ??? We shoveled over 2.5' yesterday and still have drifts well over 6'. You can even see the cars that are parked out back ! We will take some pictures later and send via e-mail. They said this is the worst storm Ohio has seen in 10 years ! I believe it......everything is still closed all around here yet today. We are furtunate, we have food, water, and heat! My biggest experience was getting to shower at the truck stop to go to work as when we have no power, we have no water ! Something else to write in my book..........but all is well today, or getting there !

Lindi said...

Yeah for electricity and truck-stop showers!! I bet that was interesting. Well, now you can watch Idol this week, huh?
The photos didn't come over on my email. Can you resend?

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Notebook, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://notebooks-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Two weeks............no post. I certainly hope that you write more often than you post !!! Im cutting christy a little slack with all she is trying to do, but you ?? Goodness woman !!! Happy Eater to you all !!! Love you !!!

cuz Wendy

New Book Now Available-Their Surprise Second Chance!

 Look!  Their Surprise Second Chance  is available for pre-order! This is my first novel with Love Inspired and I'm so excited! After he...