Crazy Dream

Confession--I can't sing! At all. My kids used to say 'turn up the radio' when I was singing in the car. I even had a boyfriend turn that knob up. (yes, this was a while back--now we push the volume up with buttons.)

Okay, so now that we've established that fact, I had a dream that I was going to sing at my church. Passion City church, which has the #1 worship leaders in the country as worship leaders.

Seriously.

So, in my dream, which has so many more aspects that we won't even get into here right now, I was surprised that they asked me to sing, (really?) and I was told I was going to sing by Kim Walker, the amazing and talented gal from Jesus Culture.

                                                     my granddaughter singing!


So, I wound my way to the special access singer section and had just met the pastor, when the band came filing backstage saying they were done. The band had been told by somebody that there was a change of plans.

I was devastated, disappointed and let down.

But the Lord knew what He was doing. Even in my dreams He couldn't subject anyone to my crazy voice.

I know this dream had NOTHING to do with the fact that I watched American Idol right before I went to sleep.

Nothing.

Any crazy dreams you'd like to share?

4 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Sorry it didn't happen. Of course, had it resulted in a bad American Idol experience, maybe that was for the best. (Although I'm sure you don't sing that bad.)

Anonymous said...

I've had my husband and son turn up the volume in the car when I start to sing. : )

Lindi said...

Alex--I probably DO sing that bad! :) What I remember most in the dream is the anticipation I had when I thought I was going to be able to do that singing thing..that someone thought I was good enough to do it. The anticipation was heightened--it was a good/scary feeling.


Suzanne--thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one. :)

Ciara said...

I never remember my dreams. I wake up with a feeling, but that's it.

New Book Now Available-Their Surprise Second Chance!

 Look!  Their Surprise Second Chance  is available for pre-order! This is my first novel with Love Inspired and I'm so excited! After he...