Not A List Person-But Need A List

I'm so not a list person. Really, I'm not. I'd rather have all these things rambling around in my brain, then issue apologies, I guess, when I forget something.
Really?
I want to be like this?
No. I don't. But why don't I learn? Why don't I make a list and cross things off?

I think lists are intimidating to me. It's the only thing I can figure out. Maybe without the list I can pretend there isn't all that much going on, or all that much to do. Lately, with a barrage of things going on, and a forecast of many things due I've decided I need to change my idea about lists.

Or something needs to give.

Because I don't like feeling overwhelmed. Maybe when everything is running around in my head, and I force it on the list, then a different kind of overwhelmed feeling happens.



Not sure. I have a list I made last night sitting to my right. It doesn't look too long and scary, but maybe that's because I forgot to put stuff on it. Not sure.
I'll keep you posted.

Above is a picture of one of two bulletin boards I stare at while I'm at my desk. This is how my brain feels right now. Hmmmm....

How do you organize your to-do-life?

5 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I keep track of dates but I'm not so good with lists.

Lindi said...

Dates are okay with me. I tried my phone calendar which works, but somehow I can't get used to using the computer calendar that will shoot me email reminders. Why????

Ciara said...

I have an open task bar in Gmail, a running notes list on my phone, and a notebook with a list. Yep, I have to write everything down or I'll forget.

Lindi said...

Ciara--sounds like you have what I need!

Hildie McQueen said...

I make so many lists, I make lists of my lists!! LOL, I love lists. I keep a 'to-do' list for errands in my day planner, then I make a list of upcoming things i have to prepare for. Since I'm the even planner at my church, I have a tab for church that I make lists on. I think I'm a list freak, so if you need help, call me, I'll make a list!

New Book Now Available-Their Surprise Second Chance!

 Look!  Their Surprise Second Chance  is available for pre-order! This is my first novel with Love Inspired and I'm so excited! After he...