I'm talking from a writer's perspective this morning.
I know all writers are different and they have their own way of doing things. Some plot, some don't.
Some know every scene before they start writing.
Some don't.
I don't.
But I've come to know my progress and it works for me. It really does. For the most part.
Today wasn't a most part.
And this is what I've learned over the years regarding my writing process.
If it's really hard to write a scene--usually it's the wrong scene.
I spent over an hour this morning on a few hundred words.
It's not working.
But, at least I have something down. I will think on what I've written. And I did have a light bulb moment while writing, so I know it was all worthwhile.
I need to take the light bulb moment and create my scene around that.
So, I will think on this today, then tomorrow get back at it.
How about you? What do you do when things seem like they're not working?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Their Surprise Second Chance!
Look! Their Surprise Second Chance is available! This is my first novel with Love Inspired and I'm so excited! After her adult son su...
-
Titan I work at a Nissan dealership and we had a mama cat hanging around. She had babies and they were living under a car. One of the ladies...
-
Why Do People Fall In Love-F Fairy-Tale romance: Dictionary.com says: 1.a story, usually for children, about elves, hobgoblins, dra...
-
Well, I went on vacay and I'm back and finally into the swing of things. I'm still not unpacked mind you. Seriously, I have issues t...
No comments:
Post a Comment